If you have gone through any kind of injury or pain during winter time activities, just remember that you are not the only one in this world. Winter season leads to more of itching and dryness in the skin. According to Nitin Khanna, you can prevent yourself from winter injuries using following strategies.
Let’s have a look at precautions we may take while performing any type of winter activity.
- Wear out many warm and thin layers that provide insulation to your body, offer to breathe and can be removed as per the requirement. An Outer waterproof layer is the must requirement for playing in the snow. You should wear warm boots, dry socks in such weather. Furthermore, an extra pair of mittens will make the fingers and toes stay in a comfortable position for the whole day.
- Try to schedule out the winter runs during the middle of the day. It is better to follow such precaution because the temperature is high and the sun has a shine during the afternoon. And you can choose many areas to run around. Colleges, schools, and government complexes are nice opportunities as they are having a maintained crew that may lead to plowing of the campus streets.
- There is a need to pace yourself. This can be done by avoiding overheating and dehydration by drinking sufficient amount of water during breaks. Additionally, use this as a chance for stretching out the major muscle groups so as to keep warmness and flexibility.
- People undergo hockey injuries during the winter season as it’s the best weather to play this game. The Whole season, teams are given a proper training and they play games along with each other. During such games, many serious injuries occur to players on a frequent basis as they collide, hit and fall on ice which further leads to torn ligaments or fractured bones. For proper safety, there is a need to wear proper equipment’s while playing on ice. Also, avoid any kind of dangerous or foul play. These strict rules need to be adopted by the players of hockey.
- Slow down your time duration by giving an extra amount of time to arrive at certain places. Small and short steps will allow your body to adjust to the slippery surfaces and avoid any kind of fall.
- Never go alone while participating in any winter sport because this is the most dangerous thing one can bear. Because, if you get injured, you may not be able to help out yourself on your own level. A friend might not only reduce the risks of injury but will maximize fun level while playing any sports activities.
Try to stay active and healthy during the winter season. I know it’s a big challenge but kindly don’t let any kind of frost make you scare away from being in an active mode. Utilizing the above-mentioned winter injury prevention strategies can help you in going a long way by avoiding small injuries during this weather.